Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Just joined!

Hi everyone,

I think most of you are well on your way to a finished Maude. I've just downloaded the pattern but I'm having trouble finding Koigu that I like (or for which the LYS has 5 skeins). Seems like a strange thing I know. So, after rummaging through the stash, I've found a full pack of Rowan Scottish Tweed 4 ply in a deep purple eggplant color. Any thoughts on whether this would be a good substitute? I think Maude would look great in a tweedy yarn and that the tension wouldn't be too far off but I'm open to suggestions!

5 Comments:

Blogger buttercup said...

Glad to have you abord!

I think any sport weight/sock weight yarn would work out really well. I'm not using Koigu since I can't get it very easily locally. My yarn choice and progress are posted below.

Tweedy yarn would be really pretty for this pattern. I think you'd need to swatch it to see how it comes work out.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Definitely swatch it - it might be awesome!

Wendy

12:33 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I agree-you never know until you check it out-I nearly made mine in some Euroflax-until I washed it-yuck!
Good luck!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Claudia's or Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn are supposedly compatible with Koigu. Very pretty, too!

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all. I've done the swatching for Maude and have been reading through the pattern this afternoon. I'm gathering that we have one pattern for the shawl and a separate one for the edging. Why do you think it was written like this? It seems to me that it would be much easier to follow if the edging were written on the same line as the pattern. I'm looking into yarns. I have a 100% fingering weight hand painted yarn. Does this sound o.k. for this pattern? Thanks!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home