Monday, October 30, 2006

Finished!

Thanks to 50 billion hours on Amtrak this weekend (see my blog for the sad sad details) Maude is finished. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to fling the "wings" across my shoulders and strut down the hallways at work. I feel like a superstar, or at least a very important person. How can you not when you're wearing something so pretty?
I photographed Courtney in Rittenhouse Square, and my friend and I attempted to capture Love park with this Maude. Unfortunately, the sun and shadows weren't exactly cooperating - so I ditched the atmosphere, and just tried to get the best shots that I could of dear sweet Maude.
So, hopefully everyone's Maude is coming along - I just loved loved loved the rhythm of the pattern. Bringing the yarn all the way forward before doing the yarn over really made the motion almost musical, and this was a very soothing knit.

While I still regret the loss of those burgundy/maroon/berry skeins that slipped through my fingers, I'm very happy with this blue - which also has maroon, and berry, and green thrown in for typical Koigu measure.
I hope everyone is as happy with their finished Maudes - yes, get finishing because you need this in your fall/winter wardrobe! (that means you too Knitty D!!!).

The short rows at the point were a bit scary, but just follow the directions, and I promise all will be well. And, again, on the second half of the chart, the errata from the first half of the chart holds true as well (row 2 is row 1, row 1 is row 2). I had 107 stitches in the bias section, and everything worked out fine. And, I am so glad that I ripped out that dreaded mistake - my Maude is near perfect, the way she should be!

So, next on my plate . . . um, test knitting Courtney's new pattern - more info soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger buttercup said...

It's so beautiful! At least ONE good thing came out of the Amtrak nightmare.

I can't wait to finish mine. It's my lunch-time knitting so I hope to have it finished in a week or so. Or maybe I should just take a round trip to Boston on Amtrak to give me extra knitting time.

Love the straight look!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Absolutley gorgeous!!!! I think the blues look awesome on you!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home